Bob Lindquist hosts Nick Walter, House of Brick consulting’s Cloud CTO and John Grange, OpsCompass product CTO. In this podcast, the discussion is focused on the new House of Brick tool – the Oracle to AWS Migration Readiness Self-Assessment:
- What are the common considerations for Oracle customers in moving to AWS?
- How does the House of Brick Self-Assessment tool help Oracle customers determine their migration readiness?
- What are the outcomes of the self-assessment tool that will help Oracle customers determine readiness?
- Does House of Brick have other tools to help Oracle customers with their database license migration to AWS?
- TOOL: Oracle/AWS Self-Assessment
- DATA SHEET: Oracle/AWS FAQ
- DATA SHEET: Oracle/AWS Quick Start
- PODCAST: Oracle Licensing in AWS in 2022
- BLOG: How to Maintain Oracle License Compliance When Migrating to AWS
The House of Brick Podcast
The House of Brick Podcast is a series of conversations with important partners and clients, as well as our own consultants or industry experts. The intent of the podcast is to share, educate and advise listeners on best practices for business-critical database platforms.
From Oracle licensing to database cloud migrations, real-world options are discussed, assessed, and recommended. Companies looking to optimize their business systems, including reducing costs and improving performance, would benefit from topics such as:
- Being prepared for a potential Oracle or Microsoft audit
- Database licensing on premise vs the cloud
- License management for Oracle & SQL Server
- Migrating Oracle to an alternative database platform
- High availability & disaster recovery best practices
- Virtualization of business-critical systems & database platforms
- And other Oracle & SQL Server deployment & license management topics