Bob Lindquist hosts Jeff Stonacek, Principal Architect & License Consultant at House of Brick. In this podcast, the discussion is focused on common Oracle licensing topics when moving to public clouds like AWS:
- Is Oracle making it challenging for Oracle customers to move to cloud?
- How does sizing relate to licensing when determining AWS deployment options?
- Is AWS and clouds performant enough for replacing powerful platforms like IBM Power?
- When should the Oracle Cloud Policy be considering for deploying to AWS?
- What are common Oracle edition and license metric considerations for cloud?
WHITE PAPER: Overcoming Oracle Cost Traps with AWS
The House of Brick Podcast
The House of Brick Podcast is a series of conversations with important partners and clients, as well as our own consultants or industry experts. The intent of the podcast is to share, educate and advise listeners on best practices for business-critical database platforms.
From Oracle licensing to database cloud migrations, real-world options are discussed, assessed, and recommended. Companies looking to optimize their business systems, including reducing costs and improving performance, would benefit from topics such as:
- Being prepared for a potential Oracle or Microsoft audit
- Database licensing on premise vs the cloud
- License management for Oracle & SQL Server
- Migrating Oracle to an alternative database platform
- High availability & disaster recovery best practices
- Virtualization of business-critical systems & database platforms
- And other Oracle & SQL Server deployment & license management topics