About House of Brick
As the professional and managed services division of OpsCompass, Inc. the experts at House of Brick are skilled at all forms of scalable architecture, project planning and component integration, backup and disaster recovery, and managed services. Experienced consultants and mentors, we connect the business management and the project management elements, providing you the continuity necessary for success. We make budgets work, and reduce risk. After all, we have been saving our clients time and money for more than two decades.
At House of Brick Technologies, we are fully committed to providing our customers the opportunities they need to grow and succeed. To do this, we’ve based our company in the time-honored values of honesty, accountability, integrity and respect. It affects how we think and how we do business. Every member of the House of Brick team, and the larger OpsCompass family, is dedicated to building lasting relationships with our customers – relationships that are firmly rooted in these core values.
The Story Behind Our Name
Our story began, surprisingly, not with the Three Little Pigs, but with three friends from Omaha. The House of Brick team was originally assembled as a performance and integration team. We adopted the name “Product Integration Group”, which rolled up nicely to PIG. Our executive management at the time was less than comfortable with PIG for a prominent, customer-facing team. The name, however, survived a couple of attempts by management to change it. Customers loved it in our observation.
When we went independent in 1998, we failed at coming up with a professional sounding name that integrated “pig”. We finally came up with “House of Brick”, invoking the three little pigs fairy tale. The name held onto our team pride and brought it into our new organization. “House of Brick” also happens to convey the stability and reliability of the system stacks we have architected, reviewed, and optimized.
- House of Brick is founded
- House of Brick adopts VMware
- House of Brick begins to offer managed services
- House of Brick executes first production implementation of Oracle on VMware
- House of Brick offers first VMware based Oracle University RAC Class
- House of Brick offers VMware Oracle Solutions Lab at Oracle OpenWorld
- Nathan Biggs takes over as House of Brick’s CEO
- Indiana University System Migration and Virtualization
- American Tire Virtualization Oracle E-Business Suite and RAC
- House of Brick completes development of reusable Oracle and SQL Server on VMware process models
- House of Brick and VMware host GE Virtualizing Oracle Workloads on VMware webinar
- CTO Dave Welch leads Oracle Virtualization and RISC Migration boot camp at IOUG Collaborate
- House of Brick launches Managed License Support Service (MLSS) for Oracle
- The article Death, Taxes and the Oracle Audit: How to Prepare by attorneys Arthur Beeman and Joel Muchmore as well as CEO Nathan Biggs and Client Services Director Bob Lindquist is published in Corporate Counsel
- CTO Dave Welch is featured in The Information article In Major Shift, Amazon, Salesforce Move Away from Oracle
House of Brick Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- House of Brick speaks for the second consecutive year at AWS re:Invent
- House of Brick is acquired and becomes the professional and managed services division of OpsCompass, Inc.