In this session we will provide an overview of licensing Oracle programs using Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) on POWER/AIX VMs in the Skytap Cloud. There is a lot of confusion around Oracle licensing, especially in virtualized or cloud environments. Many of the references to discussion points and legal challenges resulting from running virtualized x86 platforms apply directly to POWER environments as well.
Key takeaways from this webinar include:
– Skytap Cloud is an effective option for IaaS, including for Oracle-based POWER/AIX applications.
– The use of POWER/AIX VMs for Oracle workloads in Skytap Cloud ensures that Oracle workloads stay running only on licensed processors.
– Skytap Cloud provides support for Oracle licensing by allocating dedicated resources to Oracle workloads.
– In an Oracle audit, usage of Skytap Cloud environments will be documented as if the LPARs or servers are part of the customer’s on-premises environment.
- Mike Stone, CIO, House of Brick Technologies
- Dan Jones, Director of Product Management, Skytap