The House of Brick Partner Podcast
The House of Brick Partner Podcast is a series of conversations with important partners and clients. The intent of the podcast is to share, educate and advise listeners on best practices for business-critical database platforms. From Oracle licensing to database cloud migrations, real-world options are discussed, assessed and recommended.
Companies looking to optimize their business systems, including reducing costs and improving performance, would benefit from topics such as:
- Being prepared for a potential Oracle or Microsoft audit
- Database licensing on premise vs the cloud
- License management for Oracle and SQL Server
- Migrating Oracle to an alternative database platform
- High availability and disaster recovery best practices
- Virtualization of business-critical systems and database platforms
- And other Oracle & SQL Server deployment and license management topics
Oracle Audits – Episode 2:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Bob Lindquist hosts Pam Fulmer, Lead Attorney at Tactical Law Group, and Dave Welch, Executive Consultant at House of Brick. In episode two of a three part series, the conversation continues exploring Oracle audits and the following discussion points:
- How should customers use the Oracle cloud policy?
- How does BYOL contrast to the Oracle cloud policy?
- What is the “vCPU” metric and how does it relate to processor licensing?
- When should dedicated hosts be used for Oracle deployments in cloud?
- Is Oracle feature usage a concern if staff “accidentally” test a feature?
- Should Oracle customers entertain ULA or OCI if told it would “close an audit”?
- Does Oracle do audits to help customers solve problems or penalize compliance gaps?
- Running Oracle on AWS FAQ – https://houseofbrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/2020-05_AWS_FAQs.pdf
- Using AWS RDS Oracle License Included and Receiving the Oracle letter – https://houseofbrick.com/has-your-ceo-received-a-letter-from-oracle-recently/
- Optimizing Oracle Licenses on AWS (webinar) – https://houseofbrick.com/optimizing-oracle-licenses-on-aws-webinar/
For more episodes of the House of Brick Partner Podcast: