Oracle Licensing, Audits & Lawsuits in 2022
Bob Lindquist hosts House of Brick partner Pam Fulmer of Tactical Law Group. In this podcast, the discussion is focused on Oracle’s sales behaviors going into 2022, including licensing assertions, audit practices and litigation threats:
- Is Oracle still actively auditing their customers going into 2022?
- Should customers be aggressive in defending their audits or just pay the settlement?
- Why does Oracle tell customers to move to Oracle Cloud to settle their audit – is that legal?
- How can customers make sure they properly use AWS or other clouds, especially when hosting?
- Is Java being included in Oracle core technology audits given past license changes?
- PODCAST: Oracle Audits in 2021 – A Legal and Technical Perspective
- PODCAST: Oracle’s Java Licensing Changes and Impacts
- BLOG: Oracle Licensing Litigation 2021: The Year in Review by Tactical Law Group
- BLOG: Warning to Oracle Customers: Don’t Be Fooled By Oracle’s Java Playbook: Oracle is Not Your Friend!
- BLOG: Has Your CEO Received a Letter from Oracle Recently? How to Properly Use AWS RDS License-Included.
The House of Brick Podcast
The House of Brick Podcast is a series of conversations with important partners and clients, as well as our own consultants or industry experts. The intent of the podcast is to share, educate and advise listeners on best practices for business-critical database platforms.
From Oracle licensing to database cloud migrations, real-world options are discussed, assessed, and recommended. Companies looking to optimize their business systems, including reducing costs and improving performance, would benefit from topics such as:
- Being prepared for a potential Oracle or Microsoft audit
- Database licensing on premise vs the cloud
- License management for Oracle & SQL Server
- Migrating Oracle to an alternative database platform
- High availability & disaster recovery best practices
- Virtualization of business-critical systems & database platforms
- And other Oracle & SQL Server deployment & license management topics