and Senior Microsoft SQL Server DBA
The Principal Architect is a Technical Leadership type role at House of Brick. Quite honestly, there are not many of you out there. We are looking for that particular person who:
- is fanatical about technology (Do you have your own lab at home? Is it virtualized?);
- is relentless about pursuing new knowledge and expertise (Can you work within a team of equally if not more talented individuals and both confidently teach and graciously learn from them?);
- is humble yet confident in working with our customers (We want someone who makes the customer feel good about working with us, not embarrassed or angry because we tried to prove that we know more than they do);
- thrives on being able to solve some of the most complex problems in simple and elegant ways.
If you think you might be that special person, then please read on to see about some of the technical things we are looking for.
The Senior MS SQL Server DBA and Principal Architect will be involved in consulting with customers who are currently using, or are migrating to MS Windows as their server infrastructure, are interested in virtualization, and are considering Cloud technology. Specific activities may include understanding business/technological objectives, gathering requirements and system metrics, analyzing results, architecting solutions, implementing those solutions, conducting performance tuning, validating results, and developing comprehensive documentation. Periodic pre-sales technical support will also be required.
Fifteen or more years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server, versions 2008 through 2016 is required, with SQL Server 2017 experience a plus. BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Experience with SQL Server is required in the following areas:
- Installation and upgrades
- Database design
- SQL Server performance tuning
- Backup & recovery
- Data transformation services
- Job scheduler
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, HyperV, Oracle VM, or Xen), Certification preferred.
- PowerShell development
- Windows server configuration and management
- Experience with HA/DR solutions such as Availability Groups, log shipping, database mirroring and clustering
- Storage architecture
- Windows domain and security
- Scalability analysis
- Windows clustering
- Performance and infrastructure troubleshooting
- Other database platforms
- Microsoft SQL Server certification
- VMware certification
- Network certification
- AWS/Azure certification
Additional Skills and Requirements
- Work independently
- Work cooperatively with a team, both giving and receiving feedback
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Perform root cause analyses
- Manage concurrent tasks in multiple customer environments
- Possess a personal drive to better self professionally and continue expanding skill set
- Document findings and results, and present those findings to customers
- Deliver exceptional customer service through situational leadership, great communication skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Participate in a rotating 24×7 on-call support team (required)
- Travel (up to 50%)
Interested in learning more? Email us here.